POLICIES OF HIS MAJESTY SULTAN MUHAMMAD FUAD A. KIRAM I (THE SULTAN OF SULU & SABAH)
Our Royal Hashemite Sultanate of Sulu & Sabah reached the crossroad of our aspirations and goals that will be our foundations for a strong and fulfilling Sultanate and society. We live in a modern world where advance technology and global information and market forces ruled our everyday life. But we can strike a balance wherein our arts and culture and our customs and traditions can be upheld while embracing modernity in our society. Thus, primarily, we are desirous of strengthening the backbones and fabric of our Sultanate through peace and order, harmony, stability, better social and economic developments and peace and prosperity for us all.
OUR POLICIES ARE:
1. To revive the spiritual well-being and to strengthen the arts and culture, customs and traditions of our people and make sure our Tausug language will flourish that made us unique as an Unconquered Kingdom for centuries.
2. To attain our goals of a new dimension for our people founded on peace, harmony, stability and prosperity for all.
3. To pursue the truth there is “only one crown and throne” of Sulu and Sabah, and that the deception of our people and the outside world by false sultans must end, as the good people of the Sultanate have rejected these impostors and self-appointed sultans, who have no right to claim the rank and title of Sultan since they did not and could not fulfil the Law of Succession of the Royal House of Sulu and Sabah that only the sons and male heirs of the Reigning Sultan must ascend the throne namely from the sons and heirs of our beloved father His Majesty Sultan Muhammad Esmail E. Kiram I (Sultan of Sulu & Sabah 1947 to 1973) who transferred the Sabah Sovereignty to the Philippines from the Royal Sultanate of Sulu on 12 September 1962.
4. To continue our move to press for the ending of the Malaysian illegal occupation of Sabah since 1963 to this day for the benefits of our Tausug and Filipino people and that we persist to realize the return of Sabah as a property owned by the people of the Royal Sultanate of Sulu. The Sabah sovereignty was transferred in 1962 by the Royal Sultanate of Sulu to the Republic of the Philippines but it is our understanding that if within 30 years of the Philippines owning the said Sabah sovereignty and the Philippines failed to recover Sabah from the illegal occupation of Malaysia that the said Sabah sovereignty will revert back to the Royal Sultanate of Sulu.
5. To achieve full autonomy status of the dominions of Sulu and Sabah under the aegis of the Philippines with a parliamentary monarchy with us and our heirs as the Reigning Sultan i.e. Zamboanga peninsula, Basilan, Sulu, Tawi-Tawi, Palawan with Sabah as one genuine autonomous region similar to Aland Suomi Autonomy of Finland that has its own parliament, own government administering services to our people, own police force, own law courts, own passport (with Sulu and Sabah on top and Philippines below), own flag, own symbol (coat of arms), and can accept foreign direct investment (FDI), as well as being a member of ASEAN and other regional groupings of nations similar to Aland Suomi as member of Nordic Council and a veto on international agreements of the Philippines that can impact on the welfare and well-being of Sulu and Sabah people and finally the Sulu and Sabah Genuine Autonomy is guaranteed by the Philippines and the United Nations (like Aland Suomi guaranteed by Finland Constitution and U.N.), and provided however that the genuine autonomy shall always enshrine the Royal Commission Against Corruption (RCAC) to guard against the “improper and corrupt conduct of any government personnel to assure that the taxes of our people are used solely for the intended services and well-being of our people of Sulu and Sabah.”
Aland Suomi autonomy information please click this link: http://finland.fi/Public/default.aspx?contentid=160122&nodeid=37598&culture=en-US
6. Concomitantly with this Sulu and Sabah Genuine Autonomy Status policy is our full support for a Free and Independent Sabah to materialize in Sabah (wherein the people of Sabah will be the masters of their own destiny) with a parliamentary monarchy and the members of Sabah parliament elected by our people on a 4 year period, with us and our heirs as the Reigning Sultan, and with the RCAC also as one feature and a parliament that will administer laws and services to our Sabah people to determine how, when and where the over US$50 Billion a year gross domestic product (GDP) from oil and gas, agriculture, tourism and other industries will be spent to benefit our Sabah people. Since our own beloved father His Majesty Sultan Muhammad Esmail E. Kiram I (Sultan of Sulu & Sabah 1947 to 1973) transferred the Sabah Sovereignty to the Philippines from the Royal Sultanate of Sulu on 12 September 1962, then we as his last son and heir and the Reigning Sultan solely and singularly can determine the Sabah sovereignty and no one else for the benefits of our people.
7. Support for the government of H.E. President Benigno Simeon Aquino III, and sincere aspirations and embrace of the peace and order initiatives in Mindanao and Royal Sultanate of Sulu, with our fervent wish for the full implementation of the 1996 Peace Treaty between the Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) and the Philippines will be realized as the cornerstone of peace and prosperity in Mindanao.
8. Seek the approval of H.E. President Benigno Simeon Aquino III to declare the Royal Sultanate of Sulu or parts of the Royal Sultanate of Sulu, a Free Port Zone or Special Economic Zone, so that local and foreign manufacturers and fabricators can produce their goods and service in our Sultanate, that will create employment, lift living standards and establishment of infrastructures such as power plants, water supply systems, sewage treatment systems, telecommunications, roads, bridges and other infrastructures.
9. To work for peace and prosperity for our beloved Royal Sultanate of Sulu and Sabah, for Mindanao and the region and to uplift economic developments of our industry e.g. carrageenan or seaweed, copra, coffee, fishing, farming, abaca, agriculture, tourism, resort hotel developments, oil and gas exploration and production and others.
10. To enhance, foster and develop long lasting bond of friendship, respect, mutual cooperation and links with the Philippines, Indonesia, China, USA, EU, ASEAN, Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC) and others to assist us reach our goals of a better society centered on peace, harmony, stability with social and economic developments leading to prosperity of our people.
11. To reject terrorism and other extremist fanaticism in our Royal Sultanate of Sulu and Sabah and in Mindanao that will destroy our way of life and others and to support and augment all works and efforts toward peace and economic prosperity in our beloved Royal Sultanate of Sulu and Sabah and the Philippines.